Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Martian

I'm not the only one who liked 'The Martian' by Andy Weir. My friend Chris told me about it, so I downloaded it and read it on my phone that day. I liked it. My wife read it on her kindle. I gave the ipad to my 13 year old son and he read it (see, we're device and OS agnostic in our house)

Randall Munroe liked it (I assume - I guess just because he wrote this comic, doesn't mean HE liked it...)

But I bet he did. I'm on my third time through. It's good.
So you're stuck on Mars, you have a lot of resources but a lot of threats too. You have no way off the planet and it's four years before a rescue mission can get to you from Earth. Oh, and you have only a finite amount of food. Guess what? Not four years worth.

You should read it before the movie comes out





No comments: